You can withdraw funds from your housing savings scheme account if necessary, provided that the funds are ultimately invested in your main residence. 'Investment' is understood to mean: buying, building or renovating an apartment/home; buying land on which to build an apartment/home; or repaying the real estate loan on your main residence. Before taking any action, Spuerkeess recommends that you contact the Luxembourg Direct Contributions Administration or a BHW advisor by calling 44 88 44 – 1.