Throughout 165 years of history, Spuerkeess has always had the ambition to meet and exceed the requirements of its customers:
- A trusted partner: tradition and banking innovation since 1856.
- A partner of proximity: the largest network of agencies and self-banking spaces in Luxembourg.
- A partner who's listening: 1,800 employees to meet your needs and accompany you in your projects.
- A strong partner: Standard & Poor's and Moody's international rating agencies have awarded Spuerkeess some of the best ratings in the world.
- An experienced partner: our advisors offer you their know-how and experience in the international financial markets.
The loyalty of existing customers and the continuous arrival of new customers encourage us to continue our approach while we keep striving to be even closer to the needs of each and every client.Françoise Thoma, Chief Executive Officer
Since its foundation in 1856, the sole shareholder of Spuerkeess is the State of Luxembourg Aware of its mission to support the national economy, Spuerkeess strives to maintain an excellent financial solidity.
The financial strength of Spuerkeess An important argument when looking for a trading partner for a long-term banking relationship.
|Debt securities in issue||3.131,4||2.958,5||-5,5%|
|Loans and advances to customers||24.098,9||25.246,7||+4,8%|
- Spuerkeess seeks to be the partner of private customers as well as of commercial, craft and industrial companies, thanks to its strong and experienced teams, its network of branches covering the whole country and its ability to innovate.
- Regular exchanges, transparency, understanding and trust continue to be the key elements of a successful and lasting partnership between the client and his banker.
- The Bank remains attentive to its customers in order to keep offering services and products of optimum quality.
The Board of Directors of Spuerkeess
|Mr. Camille FOHL||Chairman|
|Mrs. Simone DELCOURT||Vice-Chairwoman|
|Mr. Nima AHMADZADEH||Member|
|Mrs. Bettina BLINN||Member|
|Mrs. Marie-Paule GILLEN-SNYERS||Member|
|Mrs. Carmen JAFFKE||Member, Staff representative|
|Mrs. Marilène MARQUES||Member, Staff representative|
|Mr. François THILL||Member|
|Mr. Jean-Pierre ZIGRAND||Member|
|Mr. Bob KIEFFER||Supervisory Commissioner|
The advisory boards of Spuerkeess
To assist Spuerkeess’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee in continuously identifying the needs of different types of customers and guiding the Bank’s business strategy, in September 2019 the Board of Directors established three advisory boards composed of prominent business leaders in Luxembourg.
As per 2023, the members of the various advisory boards are as follows:
“Retail Client” Advisory Board
Sister Danièle FALTZ
Mrs. Anne HARLES
Mr. Claude ROELTGEN
“Professional Client” Advisory Board
Mrs. Lynn ELVINGER
Mr. Roland KUHN
nomination of the member in progress
Mrs. Karin SCHINTGEN
“Institutional Client” Advisory Board
Mr. Frank MAUSEN
Mr. Keith O'DONNELL
Mr. Hugo WESTMANN